Tripled eCommerce Website Sales in 5 Months !
Our client sells e-cigarettes in SA through an online store. In his own words, the client told us that he was taking a “final punt” on the website by investing in SEO marketing. In the month that we started working with the client, the website only made R20 000 in sales. He needed us to help turn the business around.
The image above shows the number of visitors coming to the client’s website via Google searches over the first twelve months of our work.
Due to regulations, e-cigarette websites can’t promote themselves through PPC advertising or ads on social media. This meant that the client depended on his customers finding his website through Google searches. Fortunately, helping businesses get found by customers is exactly what we do!
The graph above shows how our client’s sales grew over the first twelve months of the campaign. Note that other than some signs of life, things didn’t get moving until a good nine months in.
We took two main approaches to help our client earn more customers. First, we decided to improve our client’s website by fixing various issues and smoothing out any rough edges. Once we were happy with our on-site work, we worked on getting our client’s business featured in several key websites.
- We started by researching a list of keywords. For our client, these are phrases that potential customers put into Google or other search engines when they want to buy e-cigarettes online.
- We edited our client’s page titles and meta descriptions. These snippets are the ones you’ll see after you press “enter” on a Google search that give searchers more information about a website. If you improve these snippets, you’ll earn more traffic.
- To help visitors get around our client’s website, we improved the links between the different pages on the website. Customers won’t buy from your website if they can’t get around easily!
- We implemented an aggressive link building strategy
Our client started with our Intermediate SEO package, but they were keen to increase their SEO budget when they saw that they were making a massive return on their investment. The website saw improvements within the first three months, but it wasn’t until twelve months later that growth took off. At this point, they doubled their package size and became Creative Tweak’s largest client.
If we compare our client’s best-ever month for sales with the figures for when we started work, the results are simply exceptional.
- We increased the total number of monthly visitors to the client’s website by 42,72%
- We increased the number of people coming to the website via Google searches by 65,46%
- We increased monthly sales by 232,316%
Want these sort of results for YOUR business?
If you’d like to discuss working together, the first step is to request a free quote and tell us a bit about your goals.